Thursday, January 14, 2010

Abstract Portrait


Three things I learned for this exercise:
1. You can do a paint a picture with just three colors.
2. The faster you paint, the more it will look like you.
3. A painting isn't always about detail, it it successful as long as it has your "look".

What was the most difficult thing i needed to solve to be successful?
Usually when I draw or paint I like to put a lot of detail into it. It this exercise I need to overcome this a learn to paint fast and a little bit abstract. My painting my not resemble a photo of me but at least it has my look and that makes it successful.

What was the most fun part about this exercise?
I really liked the freedom in this exercise. We weren't being graded on precision. It was fun because I didn't have to worry about nailing every part of my facial features. I liked painting abstract for once.

2 comments:

  1. I really think had an "artistic breakthrough" in this painting. I know its you, but you didn't detail it to death and you finished it quickly! Now we are going to expand on this an do a large piece. Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the merge in your eye

    ReplyDelete